Something about your writing:
I started writing when I was a teenager, beginning with songs and poetry and moving into journals, fiction and non-fiction. I write because I’m compelled to – I feel uncomfortable when I’m not writing and try to do it as much as possible. In terms of influences, I generally try to write books that I’d want to read myself, so I suppose I’m influenced by my favourite writers (like Graham Greene, Charles Bukowski, Terry Pratchett, etc.). I’ve just released an anthology called Subject Verb Object, which brings together contributions from eighteen different authors – you can find that at http://www.danecobain.com/svo. My next release will be a detective novel called Driven, which is currently going through edits. It’s a sort of 21st century take on the old school cosy detective novel.
Something about you:
I love reading, writing, making music and learning stuff. I play guitar and sing and find it to be a great way to unwind after a long day of writing. I live in High Wycombe, UK, with my girlfriend Becca and my cat, Biggie. He’s on Instagram and Facebook, you should follow him. I recently quit my day job to start up as a full-time freelance writer, mostly writing blog posts, ebooks and other stuff for marketers.
I currently have six books on the market:
- No Rest for the Wicked (supernatural thriller): http://www.danecobain.com/norest
- Eyes Like Lighthouses When the Boats Come Home (poetry): http://www.danecobain.com/eyeslikelighthouses
- Former.ly: The Rise and Fall of a Social Network (fiction): http://www.danecobain.com/formerly
- Social Paranoia: How Consumers and Brands Can Stay Safe in a Connected World (non-fiction): http://www.danecobain.com/socialparanoia
- Come On Up to the House (horror): http://www.danecobain.com/comeonup
- Subject Verb Object (anthology): http://www.danecobain.com/svo
Buy me a Coffee!